Explore the orbital behavior of the world’s satellites through the immersive medium of VR.
6000 Moons combines publicly available flight and telemetry data with a computational simulation and virtual globe. The freedom and immersion of the Oculus Rift gives you a beautifully intuitive and revealing look at this model.
Alpha Release Includes:
- Guided tour & free-exploration modes
- Accurate simulation of orbital behavior
- Ability to attach and fly-along
- Game controller and PC keyboard support
Additional Release Notes: Rift Display Mode
We strongly believe direct mode provides the best VR experience, and have done our best to support it. However, we have encountered some issues with direct mode on certain video cards. We believe this is due to some remaining issues with OpenGL support in the Oculus SDK, but we’re continuing to investigate. If you experience crashes starting 6000 Moons while in direct mode, please try in extended mode.
- Oculus Rift Development Kit 2 – (DK1, though untested, may be sufficient).
- Oculus Runtime version 0.4.4 or above.
- Windows 32- or 64-bit.
- OpenGL 4.3 compatible graphics card.
1. Download the installation .ZIP file.
2. Extract the contents of the downloaded file.
3. Run Moons.exe.
4. Review the onscreen control instructions to begin.
VR Creed is an online store, a platform for Virtual Reality stuff like games, videos, apps, educational or entertainment content. Here, developers can distribute their virtual reality content, and anyone can take for free or buy virtual reality products. If you need virtual reality content for the headsets, here is the place to be!
Thank you for visiting us, and we hope that we helped you gain a great virtual reality experience!